We're delighted you're considering the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation for your future graduate program.
This will be an exciting and important decision and we hope we'll be able to assist you with your decision.
The Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation has a history and tradition which started in the early 1960's. Our first master's students graduated in 1963. We offered the first doctoral program in the Commonwealth with our first graduates in 1969. Today, we offer a broad spectrum of research areas in the biological, behavioural and socio-cultural areas for our degrees:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Arts
- Master of Science
Our commitment is to accept students for whom we can provide a program which will meet the interests, expectations and goals expressed by the applicant. We believe in a student centred-approach in the development and delivery of our graduate program. Therefore, we have a number of areas of research which emphasize an individualized program of study.
Students will receive a degree in Physical Education and Recreation in an area of research which they have chosen.
Students who are admitted will be accepted by a supervisor who has committed to working with and supervising the student's individual program of study. The supervisor's area of research will closely match that of the student to ensure a positive match between the student and the supervisor.
We have a broad spectrum of research areas. Please review these areas and the research activity of the professors associated with each area, and we encourage you to contact possible supervisors to discuss your interests.
Our mission is to
- recruit and welcome Canadian and International students to our program
- provide each student with a supervisor who is committed to the student's area of interest
- foster a supportive, collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
- to provide and individualized program; courses determined for each area of research by supervisor and student
- to promote critical analysis of research through academic discussion and presentation of the student's work
- provide excellent funding opportunities and support services to our students
Application deadline is March 1, however to be considered for scholarships all documents must be received before January.
Application fee is $100