Discover the art and science of human movement!
We offer four undergraduate degree programs, ranging from an arts degree in recreation and leisure studies, to a science degree in kinesiology. It's this breadth of study opportunities that makes our faculty a lot like a mini-university. We study all aspects of human movement - from the cell to society!
Our degrees include
Why study here?
In the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, you'll find a learning experience like no other in a student-centred faculty where our focus is on discovery learning. That means we're vested in making your learning experience stimulating and relevant, and delivered in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Our programs span the arts and sciences, and lead to fulfilling fields of work.
- Some of our degrees are recognized and acknowledged foundational degrees for professions in the health sciences in professions in medicine, dentistry, nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, etc.
- Our program advisors in the Undergraduate Programs office are on hand to provide advice and to assist you in making the best possible choices for your program.
- The Faculty offers a variety of active employment opportunities to students and alumni at
- Golden Bears and Pandas athletics events
- Summer Sport and Activity Camps
- Campus Recreation
View or download our brochure with detailed information about study options and careers (PDF)
Preparing to apply
Once you have thoroughly reviewed this website and information for prospective students at the website of the Office of the Registrar and would like further advice or information to assist in making your choice, make an appointment with a program advisor to talk about your study options:
As one of the smaller faculties on campus we can - and do - take considerable interest in your progress and your success.
Want to chat to current and other prospective students about studying in the Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation? Join the conversation on Facebook.
Many students and recent graduates are employed in our facilities including the Aquatic Centre, Equipment Room, Foote Field, Fitness and Lifestyle Centre, and the Saville Community Sports Centre at South Campus offering volleyball, basketball, gymnastics, curling and tennis and a fitness centre for both recreational and high performance athletes.