Exercise Biochemistry and Physiology Laboratory
What our lab does
We study the changes in chemical characteristics and reactions that take place in the human body while exercising and at rest.
- Ultra-low temperature freezer and cryostat
- Other instruments for analyses of blood, urine and muscle tissue
The lab is also equipped for basic muscle cell culture studies:
- Centrifugation, one- and two-dimensional electrophoreses and micro-filtration techniques are available for the isolation, identification and
- quantification of subcellular and molecular constituents.
- Equipment for hormone and immune marker analysis (radio immunoassay and ELISA) is also available.
- The lab uses a sophisticated image analysis system for histochemical quantitative enzyme measurement and morphology.
- Current research also employs our fluorescence microscope camera system for immunofluorescent histochemistry and cytochemistry.